In January 1978, AIPLA (then the American Patent Law Association) held its first Mid-Winter Institute, in La Costa, California. The goal of the Institute was to provide an annual venue for deeper analysis on a topic of interest to the IP community in a relaxed setting that encouraged networking and comradery.
From 1978 to today, AIPLA has continued that tradition, and will continue to do so this year.
This in-depth, four-day Institute will cover the development and execution of comprehensive licensing programs and monetizing strategies—topics at the cutting edge of every legal and business discussion in the US and abroad. Attendees will learn both the fundamentals of a licensing program, but more importantly, how to move your strategies to the next level, to bring innovations to the public and maximize returns.
- Building a Business Through IP Licensing Programs
- Developing & Negotiating Agreements
- Navigating Tech Specific Licensing Obstacles
- Licensing/Protecting/Monitoring IP Assets
- Maximizing Return on IP Through Licensing
- Effect of AIA Post-Grant Practice and Recent Supreme Court Decisions on Licensing Entity Activity
- Recognizing & Eliminating Bias in License Negotiations