Fenwick associate John Kind will be participating in a panel titled Protecting Software Related to a Medical Device: A Case Law Review & Strategy on April 14.
Software has become increasingly intertwined with medical devices, serving to monitor, control, evaluate, extrapolate, etc. In some instances, software now forms a medical device itself to not only guide a clinician in diagnosis and/or treatment but to form its own diagnosis and/or issue its own treatment. This webinar will review recent case law relating to software-related medical patents and provide strategy tips for preparing and prosecuting patent applications involving such technologies.
- Christopher George - Shareholder - Hanley, Flight & Zimmerman, LLC
- John Kind - Associate - Fenwick
- Jonathan Kwok - Senior Counsel, Patents, Intellectual Property - Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Ishir Mehta - Associate - Cantor Colburn LLP
- Ryan Phelan - Partner - Marshall, Gerstein & Borun LLP